- The Madison Community Foundation will send you a tax letter, which you can use for tax purposes. All donations to ESWN are tax-deductible.
- All 2015-2017 donors will be listed on our individual supporters webpage.
- You can click on the ESWN donor badge to save it, or click here for the HTML to put your badge on your website.
Why should you support ESWN?
Having more women in science improves our research and makes our economy stronger. Studies show that greater gender diversity produces higher quality science, as new ideas, insights and perspectives strengthen our ability to discover and innovate. In the U.S., women make up nearly half the workforce, but represent less than one quarter of the workers in scientific fields. ESWN activities inspire women to enter, advance and succeed in scientific careers. With our focus on earth science, ESWN members are at the front-line of research on natural hazards, energy, climate, environmental pollution, food and water security, and environmental sustainability.
Engaging more women in science opens doors of opportunity and equity for women around the world. Your support for ESWN will help women succeed in advanced scientific research and education. Funding will be used to help women overcome barriers to advancement – from more effective networks, to practical scientific and professional skills, to changing public perceptions and the scientific culture in a way that ensures women’s contributions are recognized, valued and promoted.
Other Opportunities to Support ESWN
- Give to ESWN’s Program Fund. Click here to be directed to PayPal and support ESWN’s Program Fund. This fund covers operating expenses and emerging initiatives. Your donation via Paypal will help us serve women in science now. There is no minimum donation amount. We also welcome checks made out to ESWN (mailing address: ESWN c/o Prof. Tracey Holloway, 1710 University Ave., Madison, WI, 53726).
- Host an ESWN Board Meeting at your school: 8-13 Leadership Board Members for a 2.5 day visit, which can include research seminars and meetings with your students and faculty. We also welcome institutional sponsorship of events and workshops on your campus or elsewhere. ($10,000-$15,000)
- Co-Sponsor our AGU 2017 activities: Help a great cause and promote your organization! Click here to see our 2016 AGU activities. Typical sponsorships are 1k-5k. We are happy to work with you to create a package that fits your sponsorship goals.
- ESWN has an online store with t-shirts, sweatshirts, onesies, water bottles, and mugs. You can customize all the clothing by choosing your preferred color. You can also show off your ESWN support with ESWN vests and bags!
- Please contact Tracey Holloway at email@example.com to discuss the best way to engage.