Alternative Careers in Science, Second Edition: Leaving the Ivory Tower (Scientific Survival Skills)
Book by Cynthia Robbins-Roth containing advice for those dissatisfied with work, but not with science.
* An insider’s look at the wide range of job opportunities for scientists yearning to leave the lab
* First-person stories from researchers who successfully made the leap from science into finance, journalism, law, public policy, and more.
* Tips on how to track down and get that job in a new industry
* Typical day scenarios for each career track
* List of resources (websites, associations, etc.) to help you in your search
* Completely revised, this latest edition includes six entirely new chapters